Thursday, November 15, 2007

One Small Step For A Man......

It has been raining incessantly in the afternoon for over a week now and with bleak weather forecasts for weeks to come, I become wary of possibilities of yet another huge snag to my seemingly-doom-to-fail plan. You know the plan - Slimming down Plan a.k.a An Impossible Dream.

If you can still remember correctly, most of all my planned activities are at mercy of our mother nature. Yes, my living room is No Swimming, No Jogging Zone - no thanks to my ‘ever-supporting’ housemate. And any activities that remotely resemble swimming and jogging in my bedroom are deemed disrespectful to other occupant of my house. (Gee I wonder who?!)

After that ‘little’ drain mishap that almost ruined my only chance for happiness 2 weeks ago, I can’t no longer afford another heartbreak and disappointment, so it’s really upsetting for me to see all my dreams, my chances and my meticulous planning are being washed up down the drain. I need to pull myself together and do whatever needs to do to achieve that ultimate Impossible Dream, otherwise… otherwise I wouldn’t ever, ever dare to dream again. (So corny it sounds like a ripped off from Olympic’s Theme song!)

Anyway yesterday afternoon, soon after I arrived home from work, I stepped out of my car, I looked up to my house (which on 11th floor) and made a bold decision or probably the craziest idea I ever concocted:

“Today I am going to find another way to get to my house”….and flying and wall-crawling are not the options.

“I think I am going to use stairs!” Gasp!! (Did I hear a loud thud?)

“What the worst that could happen?” No one dare not think about that endless possibilities.

So I took one deep breath and forwarded that very first, historical step as though it was being recorded in history;

First floor, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth…..

By 7th floor, I started making a loud noise with my breathing that it was enough to evacuate the building (I thought I heard fire truck siren somewhere)

….eighth, ninth, tenth….and finally…

Floor Eleventh!…I made it!…Oh My God!!!…I did it! (Though I wasn’t actually couch-jumping at that moment – too tired, but surely I am now!)

That means total 242 Steps - imagine the calories I burned off and oxygen I sucked - probably sufficient to light up the whole city for the whole month. And this dare-devil attempt was without the Kavadi. Imagine that!

So will I do it again? Maybe

Do I feel good? Hell yes

Will I bring Kavadi next time? Hell no

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap…. and bucket of sweat for ME!

5 comments:

Zetty said...

minggu depan try guna tangga sambil bawak batu bata. hehe.

Manifestation of Life said...

i am so bloody proud of you, i have to sit down on the floor and roll myself in laughter and happiness with your achievement..
you go dude, you go climb the staircases man!
LOL!

ukanera arenaku said...

don't you think that your ancient practice of food diary will help too?

Manifestation of Life said...

oh gosh, miron, please don't say that to mus.. kesian dia..
the ancient food practice has always been the source of inspiration and the motivation as well as cultivation for my friend called mus..
as i always believe in life: 'hidup untuk makan!'
yeay for food!

Mus The Great said...

Zetty...batu bata?..i was thinking bongkah batu..ala2 nak bina pyramid lah pulak yek

herman....GOD thank you...until moonsoon season ends, i guna tangga jelah naik umah

Miron...i still do that food diary thing...cuma kesan nya blom ader lagi...warrghhh