Friday, November 23, 2007

What Kind Of Moron Would Get On A Suicide Machine? Guess

Friends argue sometimes. OK maybe not - friends argue all the times and yesterday wasn’t any exception.

I witnessed how two of my friends got tangled in nasty emails exchange and seemingly on each other neck over trivial issues (isn’t it always?). And since this unfortunate incident happened in the world of cyber chatting (or rather mailing list), so everyone else couldn’t help tangling themselves – which includes me.

I know it might me inappropriate of me to discuss their behavior on my own blog, and by the look of it I am pretty much booking my one-way ticket to electric chair but let me assure you, I am not interested in the details, and you probably wouldn't too.

I didn’t say a word nor did I ask ‘why?’ In fact I assess the situation and reflect it on my own self. So what if two of your friends are not talking anymore? Too bad, it happens every day.

Sometimes, a friend’s hardest job is learning to take a step back and let them work it out themselves. Just refuse to get between pricky situations like that so you won’t be that little fire in the heat wave season. When you thought enough water had flowed under the bridge, somebody will poke the dam.

Fortunately this isn’t the whole story.

Researchers from US found out that people who bottles up feelings when arguing with their friends were four times likelier to die early. And people who got involved in between were twice as likely to get heart disease.

This suggests friends who row a lot may not be subjecting themselves to harmful stress, unlike those who don’t argue because obviously they don’t know how to resolve resentments.

Great news.

And for those who might be concerned with the fate of my friends I told you about, they are doing fine. By the time you are reading this post they are probably exchanging ‘I am sorry’ e-cards or rubbing each other feet. I even heard they are planning a trip together to the neighboring country next month.

Good for them.

I concur they have a very long lives ahead of them… hopefully together.

3 comments:

Manifestation of Life said...

errmmm...
how the unpredictable can be so predictable sometimes..
friends do argue and make up..
friends do feel sad and go on with their live..
after all, human beings aren't that perfect anyway, but the un-perfectness can be corrected with living harmoniously with each other..
kan? kan? kan?

ukanera arenaku said...

hmmm... I think I know what u're talking about.

I was touched by yesterday khutbah about the importance of silaturrahim in Islam. As I'm currently at my aunt's house in London, I will post my take on this matter once I return to Manchester.

Mus The Great said...

herman,

ye ye ye man

Miron,

Apsal aku rase nervous hah?