Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Birthday's Greatest Gift : Part II

Yesterday I said:

And looking back of what I have done with my life, I realized I led a pretty damn empty life.

But today I am going to take those words back. I concurred ‘I lead a pretty damn empty life’ a bit too harsh.

I may not have all the richest in the world, the power to rule UN or fame and fortune as a lead singer of Pussycatdolls (not yet anyway!). I may not even halfway to my ultimate life dream (I’ll tell you what is it when I am already there). But one thing I have come to realize now; I do have a bunch of people who really do care about me. They are people who respect what most dear to me and love me no matter what.

I received a text message as early as 12.07am yesterday, wishing me for ‘a great health, long life and murah kan rezeki’, some even text-ed me a day earlier (ahem, my dad), just to be sure that he won’t forget because of old age and then numerous calls from friends and family wishing all the kind things for me throughout the day.

I was stumped. Never mind that they happened to have hand phones with calendar and reminder, but the very act of trying to remember something that important to me left me asking “so what more could I ask for?”

Last night my dear friends, even spent sometimes with me for dinner and I was amazed how long that I have been knowing these guys and how they stuck with me all this while. We chatted and had a great time together.

And suddenly it struck me,

Hey, maybe this is what I really want for my birthday.

Text messages, calls, cards and dinner - these are the best birthday presents ever for me and yet it's like I never knew them before.

As I was lying on my bed, I made a pact with myself,

God’s willing if I got a chance to celebrate another birthday another year, I am gonna screw the list and save just one thing;

If I had a year to live:

I am going to be a better son, be a better brother and be a better friend to someone.


Thank you guys for helping me move on. You are really my ‘bahulu cake’. With you guys, my life will never be empty.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mek suka entry nih!
it touches to the very "heart of my bottom"! ops haha...

ps- matilah bukan BOTTOM OF MY HEART TAU... tapi HEART OF MY BOTTOM haha...

Hafez Zahruddin said...

Nice having dinner with you last night. Suka dengar kau berceloteh.

Ghazali said...

Mus;

Happy Birthday ... semuga hari hari yang mendatang penuh dengan keberkatan dan kerahmatan Allah hendaknya ....