Thursday, September 27, 2007

Pancake Disaster

How hard is it to make a One-Step pancake? Apparently impossible. I should know this, I tried to make one yesterday.

I was all alone after berbuka Puasa last night and there was nothing on TV. Bored and needed some 'lifting up', I challenged myself for culinary adventure. Since I am not much of a risk taker, my gut feeling went for something ‘instant’. Nooo…..not instant noodle. Noodle for kids. I am an adult, so I decided to make -tada- a pancake.

Sooo..while contemplating what kitchen appliances (?) to use, I took my sweet time to read the little writings on the back of the box.

ONE EASY STEP TO GREAT PANCAKES

Wow!…this is easy. Just add water and within 10 minutes I get to enjoy family tradition of great tasting pancakes. Come on, what could possibly go wrong with a cup of water?
Obviously I knew nothing.

After 15 minutes of disappointment and heartbreak, the fluffy and sunny pancake I was hoping for bailed on me. What shoveled on my face was…err…a lumpy of charcoal burned to ashes.


I wept quietly and grabbed that God-sent instant noodles to nurse my wounded heart.

Next time I try to do something adventurous, I’ll get a shovel.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ayoooo mus.. ko memang hampehla.. pancake pun fail ka? u r an embarassment to the human beingla..kakakakakaka..nak terkencing aku gelak...

Mus The Great said...

wei aku kan culinary challenged...anyway ada satu packet lagi for me to 'ruin'...hihi

Anonymous said...

MUS, THOUGHT U WANNA KNOW THIS:

To be released September 28 2007 the new Guinness World Record book reveals that the girl fight is not limited to girl bands, as Madonna steals Chers' crown for Highest Grossing Music Concert Tour. The winning 'Confessions tour' was seen by 1.2 million fans grossing an estimate of GBP100 million, that's 1.6 million per concert!

The Queen of Pop doesn't stop there,knocking Kate Bush off the spot for most number 1 Albums by a Female Artist, with her ninth and highly successful album Confessions on a Dancefloor!

Zetty said...

hahahaha...sadis ok cerita lempeng kau.

ukanera arenaku said...

aiyo... Mus, benda apakah itu!!! I'm sure you threw it out, kan?

Hafez Zahruddin said...

Beli je la, senang kan?