Thursday, September 6, 2007

What About Love? Part II : Don't Speed Up On Me!

The next morning, I saw her again in the elevator and I couldn’t help it.

I looked at her and felt a mixture of admiration and revulsion. She had gotten married. At forty five! It was nothing short of inspirational.

I used to walk away thinking, she’ll never get married, that she’ll live with her two dozen cats and die alone in retirement home – pretty much what I’d envision myself to be.

Then I’d go home and lie in bed, and the whole thing would come back to haunt me, until I had to call up my friends and be nasty little cat and say, “If I ever end up unmarried in my 40s, be sure to shoot me, huh?”

Well, guess what. I was wrong. She got married. He’s not the kind of guy she ever thought she’d end up with but she’s happier than she’s ever been in her life.

It’s time. Time to stop complaining about other people’s choice in love. Time to stop waiting for, non-existent, so-called true love.

Time to stop identifying with Taylor Hicks’ lousy love life even if he is on the cover of People magazine

Yes, it is finally time to think about settling down (!) and best of all now I know it can be done. So relax. I have plenty of time. I think.

O Time, please don’t speed up on me!

No comments: