Friday, September 21, 2007

Silence Of The Lamb

The worst thing about being a newbie is that you get to be a sacrificial lamb. No, not the one for Raya Qurban but the black one, where a certain, unknown tribe from the deep jungle of Amazon offers to their God of Harvest. You know, before they suck your blood dry.

That’s exactly what I am now, well maybe with little less hair.

OK. So obviously I am agitated and if you must know why – I was made to work on 4th day of Raya!

Think that is not bad enough? How about if I say I’d be the only living, breathing thing on the entire floor? I think I am gonna puke.

But you know me, I moved on…Not!

I was seething mad and let it be known that this “lamb” can’t be silenced. I sulked like a little boy and demanded an entire week off before Raya from my boss.

And surprisingly it got approved!

Yeah! that means my “Raya” will start on 5th of October - a week ahead of everybody.

But I wasn’t at all in celebratory mood. I hate being lonely but I looked on the brighter side of things.

Hey! Maybe this isn’t bad thing after all - I get to do whatever I want to do plus I can wear whatever I want. I am sure my boss would have plenty of ideas to keep me busy on that day but do I give a *^&%.?

My evil mind is throwing a number of “unmentionables” here but on the top of my head right now… riiiight..

I think I am gonna have a party….with myself. Maybe I’ll bring my radio, my CD collection, some foods and punch and be totally let may hair down. (not sure whether that expression is appropriate here)

Hmm…I think I kinda like this idea already.

This is just sad, isn’t it?

3 comments:

reenazack said...

Dear,
I never take extra raya leave.. I can keep u company.. maybe we can party together.. hehehehe

i loikeeee..Let's have a party!!!!!

ukanera arenaku said...

sorry, Mus... I can't stop laughing everytime I try to imagine it. hehehe.

Hafez Zahruddin said...

takpe. Aku mungkin cuti 13, 14 and 15 October je.