Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Day Of Many Special Things

Some days are better than the other. So much better that they are so many reasons for you go out and celebrate. Like today. Who would imagine that today would be such an eventful day. Seriously guys. I am not kidding.

October 10, 2007 is the day of many celebrations. The day of many special things. So what's so special about today?

1. Happy Birthday Herman


Today is one of my close friends' birthday. Don't ask how old he is now. He likes it to be a secret, part of himself to be remained a mystery. Riiiiight!!! Anyway this 'star of the moment' earns 'close friend' status by simply being unwaveringly true to himself.....always. He always be there for his friends – whether they welcome it or not. He overanalyzes things and yet to find a balance between heart and brain. (Oops, that didn't come out the way I intended to be), and all of these make me love him more. Have a fantabulous Birthday, Dear and keep counting the blessings you have.

2. First Malaysian-To-Blast-Off-Into-Space Day


Things couldn't get more patriotic than this. Definitely bigger than buying RM2 mini Jalur Gemilang. I mean, when was the last time you felt paying taxes every year worth every single cent? How does the First Malaysian-Muslim-Male cosmonaut ever landed on International Space Station sound to you? I'd say it's a out-of-this-world ly good. So set your alarm today as our little 'Neil Amstrong' blast off into space with our canned, vacuum-packed and freeze-dried, Nasi Lemak and The Tarik. I just hope they don't litter.

3. World Mental Health Day.

That little strange things I do, wouldn't qualify me for a dedicated day in World Health Organization (WHO)'s calendar. We all do. We are all human, flawed and colorful in our own way and when I say that, I mean, there's no such thing as "normal". And today is about the day we celebrate the awareness of the "abnormalities" we have –so that we can 'distinguish between unusual behaviors we can tolerate and troublesome patterns we should try to fix'. So bring out the Gollum, Catwoman, Wilhemina or even Castello in you and let them fly. Sounds like a Halloween party for nuts eh? I'd say!

4. It's-Almost-Hari-Raya Day



The biggest celebration of all is coming on our doorstep. And I couldn't be more prepared than ever! Baju Melayu, check!, Songkok, Check!, Kasut, Check!, Instant Nasi Himpit, Check! Kuih Raya, Check!, Duit Raya, nanti-Check!,

And of course any special things that happened to you (that get you excited in the first place) wouldn't be completed with a bummer or two, right? In my case it is one big giant bummer, a huge dent in shield of hope, a giant puddle on a road of life......

5. My-Car-Road-Tax/Insurance-Up-For-Renewal Day

OOO..this is just great. Wonderful! Couldn't pick up a much better day. Must it be three day before Raya? Must it be on the day of WORLD MENTAL HEALTH DAY!!!??? (Please excuse my choppy sentences now that I can't breath*).

*Had problems controlling anger and impulsivity. Suffered from stress-related paranoia and had a pattern of unstable and intense personal relationships. In the end, turned to the dark side and transformed into the dark lord, calling myself............

DARTH VADER

Suddenly I don't feel like celebrating anymore.

2 comments:

ukanera arenaku said...

Happy birthday to Herman. Good luck, buddy!

ukanera arenaku said...

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri! Maaf zahir dan batin.