Thursday, October 4, 2007

Energy Vampires

I had a brutal day yesterday. You knew it was going to be not-so-rosy day ahead, when you overslept and missed your sahur. And anyone who knows me knows that ‘never mess with Mus when he’s hungry’. I get cranky easily. So I wasn’t on the top mood for rib tickling or poke-a- cheeks antics. I thought I was going to save all the energies I could save and be a big fat grizzly bear.

Never I thought it was going to be such a battle.

Yeap, energy vampires, as they call it, they are everywhere – people who make themselves feel better at our expense. They drained and sucked our energy good and wiped out the evidence like it never had ever happened.

And the worst thing was they came with a baggage, a truckload of extra things to do for you, all of the sudden, all at once, like a big giant wave or gazelle stampede. All screaming for attention just before the Big Friday.

O yes people, all these things happened two days, two days before my ultimate holiday of the year.

Man, I am exhausted.

But this post ain’t about who-did-what-to–whom. Lucky you, I am not kind of a guy who likes to lay open my problems at office or home in public, at least not on the Net. It’s just not my nature to go on shredding the details on any unfortunate events in my life over one-sided medium like this.

I still save some ‘what’s left’ of my dignity to myself. (err…maybe save that stupid neighbor of mine or that darn pancake). But if there’s any consolation, you get to enjoy harmless rambling why-me pleas and curses from me once in awhile.

O the beauty of blogging.

Tomorrow is only Thursday and I am already having out of body experience. Someone told me the real joy of having a great time is not on the real minutes or moment you are having it but on the long wait leading to that. But now I am not sure it’s true.

By the time you read this, I’d probably bury my head over a mountain, piles of paper works due to be cleared within 48 hours and I am definitely NOT enjoying every minute of it.

2 comments:

ukanera arenaku said...

Hahaha... sabar je lah
2 more days to go.

Mus The Great said...

bestnya...besok dah jumaat