Thursday, October 25, 2007

Jar Of Gratitude

“Gratitude is like putting on a new pair of glasses, we see things in different ways”

Since Monday I have been busy with works, what’s with Management Trainee Programme, SIRIM Audit, CCP Classes, Executive Tea Talk and stuff, but today I finally have time to sit down, take a little breath from it all and spend some quiet, quality time with myself.

Life is crazy lately, so I decided to put things into perspective, you know, re-think my life a little bit. Surely pulling a Britney stunt isn’t something that anyone would like to see me doing at this moment right?

Well, someone has come out to me and said some about “count your blessing and try being thankful, it can be good for your health” or something to that effect.

Whatever that means.

Anyway I guess I am a sucker for ‘good for health’ promises, so I dug deep and finally realized, he might as well be talking the truth. And since I have nothing to lose, I dug deeper.

Keeping a blog, praying and meditating are some of the ways to go, something that I have been doing all this while, really, (I swear!) but they are a little bit too a ‘big’ thing for me, don’t you think? I mean all those stuff are neat and alright but you can hardly see result a few seconds before you run someone over, right? I need to see result fast! So I kept thinking.

Why not start small, you know, like index cards.

Index cards. That’s must be it!

Then, what I did was I grabbed all index cards that have been laying around on my desk and jotted down on each and every card things that I have been grateful for. You know, all lame-but-true stuff that I am or own, like ‘I have a job that I don’t hate’ and ‘I have family and friends that don’t hate me’ kind of things.

I was really taking my sweet time doing this cause I wanted to make it right. So, after that I collected and put all those index cards in a nice little jar. I called it my ‘gratitude jar’. And you know what am I gonna do with this? I am gonna take one card each time and whenever I feel blue. I am gonna call up names that appears on the card to say Thank you for the good things that ever happened to me because of them.

I, then rest my back, a little assured, knowing that at least I started something good for myself and I think like exercise, gratitude has to become a habit to work. And like exercise, it gets easier with time.

I am thinking on filling up the jar but never take out any card sooner.

1 comment:

ukanera arenaku said...

gratitude jar? that sounds good. please let me know, if it works this time. hehehe.