Friday, October 19, 2007

An Impossible Dream

I am the lowest form of living things. Yes I am. As much as the low self-esteem goes I am disgusted with myself.

I punched out at 5.33 pm yesterday and dashed home as quickly as possible to catch up the evening sunlight – I wanted to jog and losing that darn 5 kg lard that I was talking about. But before you say ‘I knew it!’ let me level with you guys; I am a sappy, no-back bone human being or any kind of humanoid life form OK, so can we move on?

Suffice to say it in a sentence; I was taken down by a packet of chocolate chips, a cushy sofa and a rerun, back-to-back episode of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius instead.

O I didn’t even get to tie up my shoes lace.

So it may be time to adopt a different strategy and by that I mean, another list (sheesh!). I have come to realize now that by simply motivating myself with a pep talk is no longer works. I need a plan. A real good one.

1. Try piggyback it on something I do everyday so I can start making exercise a habit. Instead of driving home, I walk or maybe I can climb stairs everyday instead of taking a elevator. Hmmm…maybe in alternate days.

2. Never underestimate the importance of friendship. Once a week meet friends for a walk or jog. Find friends with same interest and Body Mass Index (BMI) and shake that jelly like there’s no tomorrow. Most importantly, we always have loads to catch up on – in a healthy way.

3. Print this post and read it over and over again just to remind myself how despicable I am. I know it’s extreme but people always say the body is one’s temple, but mine shouts ‘Colliseum’, so excuse me for being extreme.

If there’s anything I learn these days, apparently all these dieting/exercise business are much easier said than done. Knowing that we all have to eat well and exercise is just not enough anymore, otherwise, we would all be Kate Moss and Faizal Hussein, wouldn’t we all?

But that crazy talks, I am gonna rise like a phoenix from ashes and I will not be easily discouraged by the daunting task of dieting and exercises. So much of self-hating today and discipline is the order of the day. So no more Jimmy Neutron in the evening for me. I am gonna focus on my goal and try to remember that at the end of each day, I will find the results well worth it.

We’ll see what would happen tomorrow. Don’t worry I am not the suicidal type.

5 comments:

looka80 said...

mate, i'll c u tomorrow at tasek permaisuri at around 630ish (am) k. or make it 7am lah..

me and nizam (geli-buas), insya'Allah will be there ready to drip with perspiration. huhu..

Mus The Great said...

OK. it's a date!

Anonymous said...

wah! i pun nak join la jogging jugak

Mus The Great said...

jom reena!!

ukanera arenaku said...

Hooray, Mus has returned to his ancient habit!

You should add another on your list. Send the picture of you and your relay team to the nearest photo shop to get it enlarged, frame and hang it on your wall!

Good luck, bro!