Friday, July 20, 2007

Best Thing I Could Have

For an umpteen times, my friend asked me ‘Are you doing OK?', while the other emailed me 'How Friendship Break'. Some even dedicated two posts, full pages in his blog to talk about me.

I can’t help but wondering if anyone of us is dying or it was just a way to mess up with my mind. Either way I was disturbed.

At first I just dismissed as another ‘I’ve-nothing-to-do-so-I-bug-Mus’ fillers and was about to e-bin them but then it wasn’t felt right. I suddenly caught the drift. My guilty conscience kicked in and I started asking questions.

Am I really pushing my friends away? Were my friends trying to give me a sign? That I wasn’t me anymore? Or was I?

I checked my ego outside, and I have this much to say;

I’ve never changed and I am not pushing anyone away nor did I disown any of my friends. I just need time.

Come on, how many times you got into a fight and vowed never talk to each other, then someone came into his senses and everything will be just the way it was. (Well of course, if you found out your friend was actually a Zionis mole bent on world domination, then that will be a totally different scenario!)

My point is; friendship is always going to be like that. No matter how hard you try to understand the other. People change. They grow up. Their priorities shift and suddenly you see them less and it bothers you, but you simply can’t stop that.

I know I can no longer be with you guys all the time like I always did but that doesn’t mean we should stop connecting. That’s why, I decided to blog – to share my stories and to make up for the lost time. I even got a little chat box at the corner so that we can check on each other everytime.

I believe the best thing anyone could have is a friend who always checks on you, shares each other joy with you and wishes for the best for you. And that’s why I shouldn’t be complaining if my friends started asking question about me cause I’ll never know when they going to stop asking.

No comments: