Sunday, July 1, 2007

The Hardest Word

How hard is it to say 'I am sorry'? apparently very hard and I should know this.

Recently, I stopped talking to a friend because I was hurt of what he did to me. What he did to we was awful that I have to stop and gasp in unbelievable.

But at a risk of emotional outburst (which is not necessary, since it has been a while now and that’s not the reason why I am writing this), I'd spare the details.

True, he did apologize, three times in fact, on his blog, which funny enough, I was denied access to. (I still don't get it why other people get to read the so-called apology but me!, so sue me if I said it was insincere!)

Say sorry isn't simply means you breath the word, it goes beyond that. You have to mean it. So, if you ever feel that you don't owe it, please spare the hypocrisy and caused more pain to the people you hurt. It's like putting salt to the injury.

After all that he put me through, somehow I quietly wish that he'd come around do what’s right. It sounds egoistic on my side, I know, but I need to know that he understand the damage he done.

I am wiling to give him the benefit of the doubt that he probably completely clueless on what's happening or how I feel. But for the sake of my quality life, I have put this aside and get on with it. Too much negative vibes surrounded me lately and it's taking too much of my energy.

I have known him for 14 years now, so I guess it's not worth it to throw it all away.

At least this is how I feel now. Will I regret saying this later? Only time will tell.

No comments: