Sunday, July 22, 2007

Razzle Dazzle 'Em

By the time you read this, it would be less than 24 hours from ‘the biggest event ever held in Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre on Monday morning’. (Quoted from Rachel Tan, Coodinator Executive, Convex Sdn Bhd) – Anugerah Khidmat Setia 2007.

As I’ve bragged before, I am in charged of the entertainment aspect of the program and yes, that means to stun and to dazzle our guests with non stop delights or anything startling for the senses and nothing less.

This year chosen theme is Flora.(Don’t ask!). And was decidedly run during office hour (yet another of staff many perks)

To turn the event into a memorable one, me and my team have something ‘splendiferous’ up in our sleeves and just couldn’t wait to see the reaction.

Now let see how I spent the RM25K budget. The entertainment line-ups for that much-awaited day are:

Opening gambit – Bunga Hutan, Traditional dance
Sajak – Segalanya Ada Di sini
Choir – Corporate Song and Bunga-Bunga Cinta
Bunga Melur – Traditional Dance
Bunga Tanjung – Traditional Dance with Vocal
Angklung soloist
Keroncong
– Singing Performance by 14 year old girl (whose name yet to be identified)
Zapin Fusion – Fusion dance?

And just to make sure that this event run smoothly without a glitch, me and my team even drawn out 'contigency plan', just in case the event run below the projected time.

They are:

Bunga Malaysia - Yet another traditional malay dance (just so you know, we hired people from Jabatan Kebudayaan dan Warisan Kuala Lumpur, so apparently this is the only type of dance they know. I would hire a three ring circus if it was up to me, but you know, I am just a small fry here).
Back up Choir - Bunga Tanjung
Or,
Ventriloquist performance by me! (cross everybody's fingers!)

Hmmmm……I smell Emmys already.

No comments: