Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Hey Mr. DJ*!

Human are funny creatures. We only want to see/hear what we want to see/hear and the rest are just inconsequential to us. The funny part is that, the things we wanted to believe so hard sometimes are the things inconsequential in nature itself. So what do we do? We recreate and reinvent them so that they turn into epic.

I know there’s nothing new about that but I just feel compelled to share my amusement on this particular work of our (evil) minds.

The root?

Premature assumption, pre guided opinion, or downright slander, are the result of what our minds tell us to believe in based on the limited experiences and impartial knowledge we have about certain things or people. Most of us don’t even bother to check the facts and worst it all, let the emotions to envelope our judgments.

Case in point, I am labeled ‘a total mess up DJ*’.

Guys please, for the love of the God, I am not a DJ!. I just got my priority upside-down sometime and that’s about it. And if being accommodative and nice to a friend, especially, to a housemate earned me the honor, so be it. I’d be happy to wear the medal (complete with the accompany cap) but please understand, I am not grading my friends. I am sure I’d treat you guys exactly the same if you were my housemate.

Apart from what has been said, there’s nothing more substantial for me to say here but just for the record, I never cook anyone dinner/lunch nor did I buy anyone expensive gifts nor did I open joint saving account nor that I plan to adopt a cambodian baby. I just drive him/her around.

Err….

OK, maybe I am a little ’DJ’, but trust me, I have been trying my level best not to hurt/annoy anyone’s feeling. I hope you guys can see that and if in any circumstances I did not make you happy or comfortable, I sincerely apologize.

Anyway, back to what I was saying, this is not to say that I am free from unfair assumption (against anyone else) but neither I say I am proud of it. I am learning now to put boundaries on putting in my opinion on certain issue and try not to over react in making comments, cause I know I can be wrong and boy, doesn’t that happen all the times!

Just be careful of what you think is true, cause your mind can play trick on you and before you know it you’ll awaken the monster within.

*Pushover but not necessary a victim.

No comments: