Monday, July 16, 2007

A Troubled Weekender

Here’s a twist. I hate weekends. I mean I really really despise Saturdays and Sundays. It’s a 48 hours of total unproductive, superfluous, colossal waste of time.

Shock? Unthinkable? Read on.

You might think I just being crazy for saying this but I never felt so sure about anything before (except that Taylor Hicks would sell 100 millions album and win 11 grammys). So calm down people, as I do have my own valid reasons and I have a good feeling that it would soon come dawning to you too, gullible people.

Weekend makes me fat. Not that I don’t eat at all on any other days, I just tend to eat more during weekend for the obvious reason -- the universal term of ‘hanging out’ with friends means involved ‘a lot of foods’ and boy, how am I ever to turn down glorious offerings and still insist for accompany? . It’s rude.

Weekend takes out too many of my life saving. It’s so damn costly. Don’t believe that? Try doing something fun i.e watching movie, meeting friends, karaokeing, going out with girl/boyfriend, swimming or even jogging without spending a ringgit. Chances are you’d be burning a hole, a size of football field, in your wallet. Even calling friends for get-together and making your car moves cost a whole lot of money. Spending is not an optional here. If you don’t have the dough, most likely you would spend your weekend doing laundry or cleaning windows panes. How sad.

A certain someone I care about has to work on weekends and that already taken the ‘fun’ out of the 'fun-filled' weekends that I hoped for. Doesn’t that having a good time largely means you spend it with people you care?

Weekends always put me in a pricky situation. There are too many planning involves to pleasing many people in so little time. Too much pressure, in term of energy and time, to prioritize what activities to do and whom should I spend the time with. This surely put a damper on the holiday excitement. At the end of Sunday afternoon, I simply cannot escape the feeling that I should have more time to do what I want, given that I’d bust my ass five days a week.

Having a good weekends mean you have time for your much needed rest, unwind from work stress related while having fun with the loved ones and not stressing out about weekend planning so that you won’t miss anything.

2 days @ 48 hours time to do all those things is simply not enough, don’t you think?

Wait. Didn’t I say I hate weekends?

No comments: