Monday, August 6, 2007

Catching Up!

Think about friends you haven’t seen for a long time. Think about 1001 things you want to say if you ever met them again. Don’t you wish now they would never leave so that you won’t have to admit you actually ‘miss’ them?

I read Zack’s blog – Love Me, Kiss Me, Hug Me (In Memories, August 5th edition) with great interest. Basically it’s about how he came to contact with a long lost friend and plans they made for his upcoming visit to KL. Zack wrote fondly about his best friends and can’t seem to wait to meet him again. While I am not so sure to what extend of this friendship ‘closeness’ but I do sense he’s over exited about whole thing.

I think it’s sweet and hope he won’t ‘abandon’ me again for his new-old friend.

Anyway, I said I read that posting with ‘great interest’ cause something inside me whispered ‘something need to be done’. I have lost a lot of friends along the way and realized I am not making enough effort to reconnect with them. Sometime without realizing it, these are the people that provide the much-needed break in our busy life. We may go our separate ways but the memories stays. I don’t like to feel like I am missing out and so I hang on something like this.

So, last weekend I met friends whom I haven’t seen for sometimes. Not that too long though, but enough to make anyone forget that we’re still friends. While admittedly it wasn’t in my weekend plan but I am glad I did and we had so much fun played ‘catch-up’ together.

Unidentified friend No.1, but I think his lips are a big give away.
Friend No. 2 refused to be identified but his hair is hard to miss; another big give away!

We talked about a lot of thing, nothing substantial, but mostly about what we were missing out on each other. We had a great time and this add some excitement to my quiet but otherwise dull weekend

Catching up was the theme of the weekend and I plan more to come.

2 comments:

ukanera arenaku said...

Lama tak bersua mata dgn Herman & Amir. Insya-Allah, sebelum fly, ingat nak keluar dgn diorg lah...

Mus The Great said...

Good idea.