Friday, August 17, 2007

Hate Is What Fuels The World

Yesterday, the world was fuelled with hatred.

“……..But what pissed me off even more is when I did not get what I've ordered for.”

“Never look back and regret it.. bencilah!!!!”

“…..Sehingga kekadang tue aku rase mcm nak jer lempang muka die.”

“I hate cats”

And of course, the most-hated remarks in recent memories by yours truly:

“ I really despise weekends, so damn costly”

Today I am not gonna hate anything or anyone. Hatred is an awful thing. Everyone knows that. But not everyone is willing to admit that they do hate sometimes. I, myself, do believe it is natural to hate. Oftentimes, hatred is a gut response, and gut responses are outside of your control.

Just a few days ago, one of my friends had a bad encounter by ‘a certain fast food chain’ through their lousy delivery service. He experienced anger. While other people in his shoes often express their anger by calling it hatred, he expressed his anger appropriately with maturity and mental health…errr…well by sending emails to some major newspapers.

Anyway, It’s best to accept that you will hate from time to time. Accept it and then get past it. It only becomes harmful when you hold onto the hate and allow it to determine your actions.

Having said that, hatred, like any tool of nature, is not good or evil. That is determined by the context in which it is expressed.

I hate cancer
I hate poverty
I hate one or two people I have known who have wronged me.
I hate evildoers.
I hate ideas and systems, which want to destroy me or my ideas.

Anyone who doesn’t constructively hate something is not using all the tools that nature gave them and that’s a shame.

That’s why, despite what happened (or rather what I said) recently, I am not ashamed to admit I do hate sometimes. When I say, “ I hate……,” I mean it in a casual, chatting-over-lunch sort of way. It doesn’t mean I wish to kill them all. It just means, well, I hate them.

So please don’t hate me for putting this up……

….cause I mean it.

3 comments:

Ghaz said...

Don't let hatred control our life ....

Replace Hatred with Love ...


Hehehheheeee

Ghazali said...

.

Mus The Great said...

that's so true, ghaz