Friday, August 10, 2007

Join The Fight Against Bachelorism

My mom asked about it. Ariel bragged and couldn't stop talking about it. So when is gonna be?Next month I’ll be officially 30. I dread just to think about it.

“So, bila nak kahwin ni?’

You see, I am not single now because I chose to be single but alas, no one has struck my fancy so far. Though I am not pursuing anyone right now but I think it’s all in good fun

With my age inches to big 30 every minute, my rising star status as a single never has been brighter. So I list down some of the things I need to do to avoid die-alone-at-old-age syndrome before I hit 40.

1. Make more money. I know money doesn’t make the man, but it sure doesn’t hurt.

2. Make self more irresistible. Remember ‘the best flirting technique would be not to flirt at all and just let it happen’.

3. Get self a celebrity stylist. As bad dressers go, I have it good. I was never good at fashion or matching colors.

4. Do ads or sign up with licensed match making company.

Hmmm...Speaking of which, maybe my ads should read something like this:


Buzzed hair and striking eyes aside, I emit an air of quiet mystery that is irresistible. I definitely have a shy component. There’s part of me that wants to be seen and heard, but then I want to retreat. As for what I am looking for in a partner. I am definitely a mind man. Intelligence is a big thing. If you can’t have a conversation, it’s done.

Ouch!

Excuse me for the semi-accurate description; I had to be done feeling like I didn’t deserve good things.

No comments: