Thursday, August 9, 2007

Things He Does For Love

"Guys... ada bad news. Aku tak dpt join sesi karaoke kita sabtu ni
kerana aku bertanding dalam kejohanan olahraga BNM.
Very last minute and very short notice. Sorry for any
inconvenience caused. Aku masuk acara 5000m jalan kaki &
merejam lembing".

I’ll be lying if I say I wasn’t a bit disappointed with the last minute
cancellation.

Well how could I not.

I already picked up what songs to sing, complete with my own choreography. I even avoided oily foods and drank only tamarind juice all week long just to protect my ‘asset’. So it was major setback for me. It’s the only time I know I am allowed to temper with law of physics.

But I moved on.

And so did Bad.


"Maknanya kau akan dtg memberi sokongan moral kat aku sabtu pagi ni?
thanks, Mus U really surprised me!"





"Rugi kau tak dpt tengok aku bergelek.Target aku nak buat below
33 minutes. I did 35 minutes on my first attempt and 34 minutes
last year. Rejam lembing ni, baru nak jumpa tahun ni"

But this comes with a ‘small’ price!

"bestnyeee aron masuk merejam lembing...bolh ke ronn??? aku tkt ko yg kena rejam nanti...takpun ko rejam pengadil2 tu plak...aiyooo disaster la..."

So, when he e-mailed those photos to us yesterday morning, what I saw changed my view. From the photos I can see he’s so err..determinedly happy. The picture was so right that it dawned to me that maybe we shouldn’t come between his sports and outdoors activities. Let him has his moment, as there’ll always be karaoke joints waiting for us to celebrate the victory.

He may be really good at it and I can see how happy he was. So I guess I should give him a little break and be more supportive. It’s a pity though, that I couldn’t be there to cheer on him from front-row, due to some logistics arrangements hiccup (blame Zack!)

Looking to what he had achieved from that tournament make it a little forgiving and I guess all ended well for us.

Love comes with understanding so maybe I should learn to love what he likes so that I can understand him better.

Congratulations friend!

No comments: