Monday, August 13, 2007

Whoops Now! (Sorry I Can't Go)

It makes no difference if you’re off work or not,
You dream your weekend hand on the doorknob,
Out with your friends, hey, fun in the sun now,
That’s when the phone rings,


Whoops now, sorry I can’t go (3 Times)

Saturday evening and I am all alone at home,
I know my friends are having fun,
I’ll plan my weekend, damn it, leave the machine on,
Next time my friends call, they’ll hear my voice saying loud and clear,


“Please count me in”.

(Whoops Now, Janet – Janet)

Ain’t that creepy to hear that song over and over again inside your head? Heard it while driving. Heard it in the bathroom. In the kitchen. I even hummed it while I was sleeping. It’d drive me nuts and believe it or not I had to live with the %&*^ song for the past two days.

I should’ve a peaceful weekend. It was supposed to be an easy weekend for me. No drama. No conflict. No gossip. No nothing worth blogging about. In fact I should have strolled the entire two days feeling totally indifferent and loosen.

But did I? Nooooooo...

I felt so swamped by guilt that I was seriously thinking about driving up to the hill alone and paying you, unsuspecting people, a little surprise.

Sigh, but the contents in my wallet stopped me.

So it is fair to say my weekend sucks. Big time. Thankyouverymuch.

To Bad, Zack Reena, without you guys I was rotten bored to death. In fact it was so bad that at times I’d talk to my car and I’d suddenly break out into song, making up the lyrics as I went along. (Post controversial ‘The Troubled Weekender’ small talks – only if you buy that!)

Welcome back guys. Be glad to know that someone is missing you but please be easy on the details fun of the trip.

My feeling ain’t made of steel and it definitely (very) green in color.

No comments: