Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Sign

Today is August 14, 2007. So what does it means? It means that today is precisely the sixth month I have been with this Bank. Ain’t that wonderful?

Not quite.

Today I am supposed to get my confirmation letter, but nooo. My boss is away in Australia right now and she couldn’t possibly finish up my confirmation appraisal by today. She called and I sulked. She promised she’d do the appraisal first thing once she comes back from overseas, which means sometime next week. Apparently she forgot about the whole confirmation thing before she departed.

OMG. This can be good. Is she going to extend my probation period? What did I do wrong? Why am I being punished this way? O No. Is this some kind of a sign from God that I never good enough for bigger and better things? Why? WHY?! (People please calm down, it’s just an over-dramatic-but-totally-harmless rant from my usual self).

Exhale. Anyway, if she does has anything to say about that. I may have to admit that I’ve made my share of mistakes alright. But that’s all part of being a new staff under probation right?

I am getting nervous now. You think I should wait her up at the airport?

People might not understand this, but I have my own reasons to be this jittery. To get my probation period extended is simply not an option for me. I need to see THE SIGN that this is finally the place that I am destined to build my career on. I am tired of my job hopping days, and I mean it. Looking back of what I have done with my life – career wise, I have no regret, but I am not proud of them a single bit. How could I possibly be proud if none of them lasted more than 2 years?. Looky here:

MBF Finance - 2 years
Alliance Bank - 1 year and 6 months
Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad - 1 year 4 months
CitiBank - 8 months
McDonald’s - 8 months
HSBC Bank - 6 months

And a couple more organizations that I fail to mention here; either 1) because of a very short span of me working there or 2 ) because of a very short span of my memory.

I promised myself when I signed the offer letter six month ago that I am gonna be here longer than anyone would expect me to be (God’s willing) and I am gonna prove my skeptics wrong.

Now, take that for a measure, you know why to pass 6 months period such a big hoopla to me.

2 comments:

Zetty said...

yes, you should wait for her at the airport.

hihii.

good luck!

Mus The Great said...

may be i should!...thanks zetty