Friday, August 24, 2007

Have A Heart That Never Hardens.....

I made plan this weekend and it involves charity.

Gasp! Is that possible to say Mus and charity in one sentence?

O Come on! It’s not like I am lobbying for UN Goodwill Ambassador for God’s sake! I was just thinking about showing up at Plaza Damas, Sri Hartamas this weekend.
Of course, poor people don’t shop there silly, but there'll be activities organized by err…some charitable foundation that I planned to participate, plus I got to splash paint while at it (to raise money not to sabotage).

Following the fallout of my 'Anti Flush Toilet' campaign with Greenpeace recently, I am more determined to follow through on my promise to do more charity work and what a better way to spread the joy to the world than to paint them.

If you haven’t got a clue what I am babbling about, read this:

Come celebrate Merdeka through ‘Remembering 50 Years of Nationhood with Gajah-Gajah Gallery’ at Hartamas Shopping Centre, Plaza Damas.

The event is an 18-day affair beginning on the 16th of August and ending on 2nd of September. Highlights include:


1. Six Square; an art initiative involving members of the public working 6” X 6” canvases. These canvases will be displayed for the duration of the celebration.


2. Work-in-Progress; where Gajah-Gajah Gallery artists will collaborate on a jointly-executed art piece on-site and this piece will be auctioned at the end of the celebration.

The proceeds from the projects above will go toward the Madeleine Children’s Fund (MCF), a charitable foundation to aid pediatric cancer patients in Malaysia.



Yusoff's Gajah 2007 Collection.



Work In Progress.

Exhibit by Public.

Exciting, isn’t it?

So what’s gonna stop you from coming over this weekend? Just participate in one of the activities, pay a small token as a donation and you’ll be surprise that a small act like this can actually change the world.

It’s not much and probably there’ll be a million other people richer than you that would drop millions of ringgit to them at one go, but hey why not start small? Like my mom always said:



I am not a great painter and I know I am not the best tipper around, but I know this much: You will find, as you look back on your life, that the moments that stand out are the moments when you have done things for others.

So start now.

No comments: