Friday, August 3, 2007

Dream Can Wait

Yesterday, remember when I bragged about how I managed to save RM1000 for the Bank?

Of course you do. You just don’t care. Am I right?

Anyway my boss was ecstatic about it and the committees were thrilled. I was simply over the moon. It’s good to know you can help your organization the best you know how and I was basking with joy for a while. However my joy was short lived. Honestly, though I didn’t expect them to erect a life sized statue of myself in front of our office porch, neither that I expected to receive this memo late in the afternoon.

Tuan,

Sukacita dimaklumkan bahawa tuan telah dilantik sebagai Ahli Jawatankuasa Majlis Persaraan Y.Bhg Datuk Abdul Rahim Mohd Zin . Majlis ini akan diadakan di Menara Bank Pembangunan pada 30hb Ogos 2007.

Sehubungan itu mesyuarat pertama seluruh Ahli Jawatankuasa Majlis Persaraan ini akan diadakan seperti butiran di bawah:

Tarikh : 3 Ogos 2007 (Jumaat)
Masa : 9:00 pagi
Tempat : Bilik Latihan Aras 7 (Bilik 2)
Menara Bank Pembangunan


Kerjasama tuan untuk menghadiri mesyuarat ini adalah diharapkan bagi menjayakan Majlis di atas.
Sekian, terima kasih.

Guys, I am not complaining here. I know I am kinda good with this sorta thing. It just that after months of robbed weekends and relentless rehearsals I just feel that I deserve a break and opportunity to do other things that I am passionate about. You know like joining ‘Greenpeace’ in their anti-flush toilet campaign to save water or helping WFP (United Nations World Food Programme) to promote ‘anti-aging sardine sandwich’ to the third world countries to fight wrinkles.

Looks like those ‘dreams’ have to wait for a while now.

Sigh.

No comments: