Thursday, August 2, 2007

Flushed Away

Yesterday evening, after work, I met Encik Amran at Tupai-Tupai (the guy who helped me putting up a good show last Monday). The meeting arranged as a post mortem of the well-received show and also for me to negotiate on the quotation given.

The meeting lasted less than 2 hours but it was a fruitful one. I believe I used everything I have to get the best deal out of this meeting and I think I succeeded. At the end, he eventually succumbed to my pitiful plea and agreed to give us a huge discount. A cool RM1000. How’s that for a rookie! I was overjoyed.

We then decided to have our dinner there, on him course, and I didn’t wait a second to run through the menu twice. I had a plate of Chicken Chop with Black Pepper Sauce and Orange Juice while he was having, err, I don’t remember.

Initially, I thought it was a wise choice for me, since I am on a diet and all, but apparently my body didn’t agree. Immediately after I 'vacuumed' the meal (trust me, it wasn’t long) I felt bloated and my heart filled with guilt. I feel like s***.



Since this is a PG rated page, this photo is used as a metaphor of how I felt yesterday.

What happened next was so brutal that no words or photos can be justified for posting.

On the same note:

Earlier in the afternoon, I read something worth sharing.

"The world’s dependence on flush toilets could be its environmental downfall.

Since the 1900s, scientists have known that flushing away human waste comes with environmental consequences, such as using precious, potable water. Each year, a typical person will use almost 4,000 gallons of drinking water to flush away 75 pounds of feces and 130 gallons of urine, according to a 2001 study by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency.

While drinking-water shortages plague millions in such places as India and in some African nations, we continue to waste water by flushing everyday".
(Sources: LiveScience)

So friends, do your part now to save our planet. Start saving water by stop flushing.

So remember next time you need to answer nature call whilst in Graha Residen, Don’t flush!

No comments: